About us – Who is BTG?
We are a well-established (in 2001) and rapidly growing Technology Service Provider (TSP).
We take great pride in fostering a creative and supportive work environment which provides growth and opportunity for all our employees.
Not want to toot our own horn, but in our humble opinion, we are an awesome bunch of people, with a reputation of success as the Technology Partner for over 400 businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia.
We asked our team what they loved about working here and these are some of their responses:
- There’s a lot of character here which is fun and hilarious. It’s incredibly supportive for people to fit in; both as people and to fit work into life rather than the other way around.
- Being constantly exposed to new technology, products and systems – Great learning opportunities.
- Getting to work with all the different Open Source solutions.
- Empowered to supply the best solution – No micromanagement as in “this is the solution you need to implement”.
- We are constantly innovating and improving – New ideas are always welcome.
- The work-family balance that other places don’t have – BTG is more family than a work place.
- The flat management style and general flexibility around work – You don’t have to wade through screeds of red tape to get the answer or support you need.
- The trust BTG puts on their employees. Knowing they are doing their job without having to micro-manage each employee.
About the role
Our Managed Service offering allows us to provide highly available Windows, Linux and network device monitoring, patching and reporting to our clients.
We are looking for a Senior Linux Sysadmin to provide technical oversight and support for the team and tools that run and augment the Managed Service offering. With a focus on providing exceptional levels of customer services, this will require effective collaboration with both internal stakeholders and clients from the onset.
What you will have
To be successful in this role, you wil have:
- Tertiary education in computer science, technology support services, OR
- Equivalent capability from relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ recent experience in a Systems Administrator or Engineer role with skills in technologies and services such as:
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and applications
- Remote Desktop Services and Citrix XenApp including Provisioning Services
- Active Directory and its supporting services like DNS and DHCP
- Microsoft 365, Azure and other cloud services
- Virtualisation technologies including the accompanying storage platforms and networks
- Various network technologies like switches, wireless and firewalls
- Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions like ShadowProtect and Veeam
- Scripting with PowerShell Windows CLI and Python
- Designing, building and supporting large-scale Microsoft environments and the applications and services that usually reside on them.
- Working for a Managed Service Provider or a Technology Service Provider.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to:
- Create documentation that is appropriate for varied audiences.
- Articulate effectively with others both on a technical level and on a business level.
- Work independently and effectively unsupervised and under pressure.
- Set priorities and manage a varied and changing workload.
- Timely decision making and organisational skills.
If you have what it takes to join our team, then you’ll get to experience:
- A work-life balance to be envied – Important for both those who “work to live” and “live to work”.
- Flexible working from home policies – Because sometimes you need to let the Plumber in.
- Competitive salary – Part of the reason we have such great staff retention.
- A high-spec laptop – “640K ought to be enough for anybody”.
- Free fruit, a proper coffee machine – While all offices have a coffee machine, the Christchurch office definitely hold the trophy for best coffee machine (in our opinion)
- Bring your pet to work policies – We have even had a lamb in a nappy.
- Your birthday off – Because life needs to be celebrated!
- Fantastic clients and a fun and collaborative culture – That is just how we roll.
- Ongoing support for professional development – Life is just one big learning curve.
- Career progression opportunities.
- The flexibility that comes with working for a privately-owned and operated New Zealand company.
If this all sounds like something you would like to be a part of and you are NOT part of a recruitment agency, then please get in touch with us.
Must be eligible to work in New Zealand