About us – Who is BTG?
We are a well-established (in 2001) and rapidly growing Technology Service Provider (TSP), that takes great pride in fostering a creative and supportive work environment which provides growth and opportunity for all our employees.
Not want to toot our own horn, but in our humble opinion, we are an awesome bunch of people, with a reputation of success as the Technology Partner for over 400 businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia.
We asked around some of our team members about what they loved about working here and these are their responses (in no particular order – apart from the first two):
- There’s a lot of character here which is fun and hilarious. It’s incredibly supportive for people to fit in; both as people and to fit work into life rather than the other way around.
- A spoon is a spoon – People are straight up, there’s no drama to anything. You are given a decent chance, you know what to expect and also, it’s very human friendly – It’s not a robotic workplace.
- Being constantly exposed to new technology, products and systems – Great learning opportunities.
- Empowered to supply the best solution – No micromanagement as in “this is the solution you need to implement”.
- Solid and dependable teamwork – All staff are willing to help each other out.
- We are constantly innovating and improving – New ideas are always welcome.
- The pet friendly workplace policies.
- The work-family balance that other places don’t have – BTG is more family than a work place.
- The flat management style and general flexibility around work – You don’t have to wade through screeds of red tape to get the answer or support you need.
- The trust that BTG puts on their employees, knowing they are doing their job without having to micro-manage each employee.
If this all sounds like something you would like to be a part of and you are NOT from a recruitment agency, then please do read on…
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support to clients and peers in a highly collaborative manner, resulting in exceptional levels of customer service to all internal stakeholders and clients.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Tertiary education in computer science, technology support services, OR
- Equivalent capability from relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2+ years’ recent experience in a Systems Administrator or Engineer role with skills in technologies and services such as:
- Microsoft 365, Azure and other cloud services
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and applications
- Remote Desktop Services and Citrix
- Active Directory and its supporting services like DNS and DHCP
- Virtualisation technologies including the accompanying storage platforms and networks
- Various network technologies like switches, wireless and firewalls
- Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions like ShadowProtect and Veeam
- Scripting with Windows CLI and PowerShell
- Experience designing, building and supporting large-scale Microsoft environments and the applications and services that usually reside on them.
- Worked for a Managed Service Provider or a Technology Service Provider.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to:
- Create documentation that is appropriate for varied audiences.
- Articulate effectively with others both on a technical level and on a business level.
- Work independently and effectively unsupervised and under pressure.
- Set priorities and manage a varied and changing workload.
- Timely decision making and organisational skills.
What we will offer:
If you think you have what it takes to join our team and you have the attention to detail that means you have read the whole ad, then here is what we can provide in return:
- A work-life balance to be envied – Important for both those who “work to live” and “live to work”.
- Flexible working from home policies – Because sometimes you need to let the Plumber in.
- Competitive salary – Part of the reason we have such great staff retention.
- A high-spec laptop – “640K ought to be enough for anybody”.
- Bring your pet to work policies.
- Your birthday off – Because life needs to be celebrated!
- Fantastic clients and a fun and collaborative culture – That is just how we roll.
- Ongoing support for professional development – Life is just one big learning curve.
- Career progression opportunities – We want you to evolve with us.
- Flexibility that comes with working for a privately-owned and operated New Zealand company.
If this all sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then please get in touch with us.
Given the current situation around the world, we are unable to accept applications from non-New Zealand residents. We are also unable to assist with New Zealand work visa applications.
To apply you must be eligible to permanently work in New Zealand.
Please let us know if you are applying for this position in Auckland, Tauranga and Christchurch.