About us – Who is BTG?
We are a well-established (in 2001) and rapidly growing Technology Service Provider (TSP).
We take great pride in fostering a creative and supportive work environment which provides growth and opportunity for all our employees.
Not want to toot our own horn, but in our humble opinion, we are an awesome bunch of people, with a reputation of success as the Technology Partner for over 400 businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia.
We asked our team what they loved about working here and these are some of their responses:
- There’s a lot of character here which is fun and hilarious. It’s incredibly supportive for people to fit in; both as people and to fit work into life rather than the other way around.
- Being constantly exposed to new technology, products and systems – Great learning opportunities.
- Getting to work with all the different Open Source solutions.
- Empowered to supply the best solution – No micromanagement as in “this is the solution you need to implement”.
- We are constantly innovating and improving – New ideas are always welcome.
- The work-family balance that other places don’t have – BTG is more family than a work place.
- The flat management style and general flexibility around work – You don’t have to wade through screeds of red tape to get the answer or support you need.
- The trust BTG puts on their employees. Knowing they are doing their job without having to micro-manage each employee.
About the role
Provide support, advice and consultancy on matters of IT Security for Internal and external stakeholders
Identify and remediate security risks to maintain high security standards for the company and our clients
Support, maintain and promote security products and services we provide.
Establish and maintain effective relationships with other staff and clients
Carry out internal security assurance work as required, like password audits and various security
Provide level 2 and level 3 technical support, as required.
Create and maintain technical system and process documentation.
Log all time against the respective internal and external clients.
Attend to customer complaints or issues promptly and professionally.
Be available for occasional after hours or weekend work.
Undertake any training required to effectively execute your role.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
Minimum 2+ years’ recent experience in a role with direct hands on skills in technologies and services such as:
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, services and applications
- Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS and other cloud services
- Linux server and desktop operating systems
- Network technologies like firewalls, IPS, and wireless networking
- Incident response handling and development of plans and procedures
- Email security solutions
- Endpoint security applications
- Security event logging and monitoring technology and processes
- System and application vulnerability management
- Scripting languages like Python or PowerShell
- Experience designing, building and supporting security processes, applications and controls.
Strong technical problem-solving skills.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to:
Create and maintain documentation that is appropriate for varied audiences.
Articulate effectively with others both on a technical level and on a business level.
Work independently and effectively unsupervised and under pressure.
Set priorities and manage a varied and changing workload.
A keen interest in information security, monitoring news and trends in the IT security space.
Self-motivated to learn and a curiosity to understand how things work.
Timely decision-making and organisational skills.
Demonstrated initiative to make improvements.
What we will offer
If you think you have what it takes to join our team and you have the attention to detail that means you have read the whole ad, then here is what we can provide in return:
- A work-life balance to be envied – Important for both those who “work to live” and “live to work”.
- Flexible working from home policies – Because sometimes you need to let the plumber in.
- Competitive salary – Part of the reason we have such great staff retention.
- A high-spec laptop – “640K ought to be enough for anybody“.
- Free fruit, a proper coffee machine – While all offices have a coffee machine, the Christchurch office definitely hold the trophy for best coffee machine (in our opinion)
- Bring your pet to work policies – We have even had a lamb in a nappy.
- Your birthday off – Because life needs to be celebrated!
- Fantastic clients and a fun and collaborative culture – That is just how we roll.
- Ongoing support for professional development – Life is just one big learning curve.
- Career progression opportunities
- The flexibility that comes with working for a privately-owned and operated New Zealand company.
If this all sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then please get in touch with us.
Given the current situation around the world, we are unable to accept applications from non-New Zealand residents. We are also unable to assist with New Zealand work visa applications.
To apply you must be eligible to permanently work in New Zealand